Our trip was amazing! Our time with Nathan was unforgettable. He has changed in so many ways and in other ways he is the same.
Well, I want to start sharing with you about our second adventure to Guatemala. We left on May 3rd bright and early that morning. We had a rough flight down there (I have a fear of flying!!).. But we finally landing in Guatemala on time that Saturday afternoon. It felt great to be back! We were much for comfortable and confident this time while in the airport and in the city.
We started our journey up the mountain with Jose as our driver- I just love him!! We took the main road that is still under construction but we did not hit any major delays. It still took about 4 hours to get up to Eagle's Nest. We arrived about 5pm. We unloaded our suitcases (all 6 of them) and then went to get little BIG man!
When we got to the orphanage it felt just like last time. But as the nanny was bringing him to us, it was so different. I couldn't just grab him. He would have cried. I had to let him take us in while we took his beautiful face in and finally he was back in my arms! He was not as big as I though he would be, but he is definitely HEAVY!! He now weighs 25.8 lbs! He was perfect! He just stared at me and I stared at him. The first thing he did was grab at my necklace, he loved playing with it. I let his daddy hold him and he did well with that. It melted my heart to see them to back together again!

We let him get use to us in the orphanage for a few minutes, then we took him to our room.
Our room was suppose to be apt #5, but there was a conference going on so they put us in the apt below the orphanage.
We got to the room and Nathan was not sure what to think. He had his "serious look" on most of the night. We played, took our bottle, loved on him, pinched ourselves, tried to watch Shrek and Nemo but he is scared of both of them;).
We had been there for about 3 hours, and it was time for bed. We were trying everything, but Nathan was just not ready to fall asleep with us just yet. So as bad as we did not want to, but we knew it was best, we let Nathan sleep in the orphanage that first night in his on crib.
You are probably wondering where are all the pictures from day 1, because those of you who know me, know that I took over 2000 pictures while we were there. Well, they are out in never never land, never to be found again. It is a long story and we are still not sure what happen, but thankfully those pictures are the only ones we lost. We all looked bad anyway from traveling, except for Nathan;)
May Update:

Well, we got our May update when we got home from our May trip. We pretty much new what the May update would or should say. And we had lots of pics for our May update.
They said he weighs 25.8lbs, which we weighed him while we were down there. and we knew he was real close to 26lbs, but he would not be still on the scales;). He is still 28.5in long. He did have a little congestion/cough, but it got better as the week went on.

This is what they said about Nathan: "Is well. Walks in a walker, likes to watch TV, likes to play sitting down, eats cookies, likes his bath and eats good. Has 3 teeth above and 2 below.
All that is true. He loves to walk in his walker and he also loves for you to hold his hands and let him walk. Our backs are still sore from doing all that walking. He would cry if you stopped for a break. He does like to watch the videos they play each day. Barney is one of them. I guess we will have to breakdown and buy one. He does love to eat! Anything sweet!! We took some graham crackers and he loved them!!! He never once cried while getting his bath. He loved it!!
He has a total of 6 teeth and it looks like two more are coming in, one on top and one on bottom. And, YES, they are SHARP!!!
He is very much loved and spoiled by all the nannies. They call him 'Colocho", meaning curly hair. He does not respond to any other name;). The nannies would fight over him each day we went to the orphanage at lunch time.
He is very active and curious!!! Never a dull moment with him. He has a long reach so we have to keep things far away from him that are not his;). He can say a few words- "DA-DA" was his favorite!!! "MA-MA" was few and far between, but it melted my heart every time I heard it! He also said ball while we were their and would also jabber a few other things, probably "Spanish type" words;)
Nathan, mommy and daddy miss you sooooo badly!!!!
7 comments:
I had a wonderful time with you guys. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to spend the week with you both and Nathan. It was a week I will never forget. He is such a joy to have in our lives. Can't wait to get him home. I love you all three.
Poppy
Thanks for the wonderful update. Nathan is gorgeous. We can't wait to meet him.
Beautful picture of your time with your son.
(We accidentally deleted the first pictures we had of us with our little boy - that time will be forever imbedded in our hearts though.)
Thanks for sharing with us your wonderful trip. I just know he will be home soon!!
oh sweet friends, I'm so glad you guys had a fabulous trip with your beloved son. Just a taste of the near future. We continue to pray him home and can't wait to squeeze those cute cheeks and hug him and we'll walk miles and miles with him if we have too. We love ya'll and can't wait to see all 2000 pictures! Come visit and bring those pictures with you!-:)
Thanks so much for sharing the details of your trip. It's such a treat for those of us who can't be there ourselves.
Nathan is absolutely beautiful. Your descriptions and the pictures sound like a boy who is full of love and life!
When you have him home, I can give you tips on kids hair products for curley hair as well as some alternatives to the dreaded "Barney".
I am praying that he's home in your arms soon!
Therese
I have had to deal with curls all my life, so Gammie will be able to help Nathan with his.
I am so happy that you could go back and that your Daddy got to go, I know that it will be a trip that he will always remember.
I am sooooo ready for that baby to come home. Love you all, Mom
Post a Comment