I know your day was not exactly how you wanted to spend your birthday, but know that we love you so much and are so thankful we have Gammie!
DAY TWO WITH OUR LITTLE MAN:
Well, Day two was a good day. We got up early and got ready and headed up to the orphanage to get our little man. He was already awake and eating! He is an early riser and so happy in the mornings. We got him and his bottle and headed down stairs to the room.
We gave him his first bath of the week. He loved it! I brought toys for him to play with, but he would rather play with anything else within his reach;). Washing his hair is fun! It is so thick and long! In the longest parts it is probably 4 inches, no lie!!!
At this point, Nathan was still not real sure about Daddy and Poppy, but he was starting to warm up. He mostly only wanted me, which was fine:). He is not use to men holding him. Although all the construction workers at EN love him!! They would call out his name when we walked by and he would just smile!
Once he was ready for the day, we headed outside. This is when we realized how much Nathan really liked to walk! He would have walked miles and miles if we had the energy and if our backs would let us. When we would stop, he would cry! We definitely got our exercise for the week thanks to my baby boy;). He loves being outside too!
After walking all over, I got Nathan down for his nap by putting him in my peanut shell (thanks Jenn!) and walked him around for a few minutes and he fell asleep! He slept well and woke up happy! After his nap, we went to the orphanage for lunch. Nathan ate lunch at the orphanage everyday and so did we. Luky cooked for us and every meal was great! If you are planning to go to EN, I recommend Luky's cooking! It is great! She is such a sweet lady, such a blessing to the children. They ALL love her and so do we!!
While at the orphanage, when a nanny or a child would talk to Nathan, they would call him by a name, but it was not 'Jose Pablo'. My Spanish is limited, so I did not know exactly what they were saying. While holding him before lunch a nanny was talking to him. she told me that everyone calls him "Colocho". She pointed to his hair. So when we got back to the room, I looked it up in our Spanish dictionary and sure enough it means "curly hair". Nathan does not respond to any other name but "Colocho"! So that is pretty much what we called him the rest of the week, especially if we wanted to get his attention.
The weather was a little on the cold side in the afternoon of this day and it would drizzle on and off. So, after the afternoon nap we changed Nathan into some warmer clothes and went walking some more. He absolutely loves being outside! He is going to love his daily stroller ride when he gets home!
After the people from the conference checked out of the apartments, we were able to choose between Apt#5 (where we were suppose to originally stay) and where we were already staying. We weighed our options of both places and decided to pack up and move to apt #5. It was a good move!
Nathan did well once it was time for bed. We played a CD for him when it was time for sleep and I or Daddy would rocked him (apt #5 had a rocker!). He would usually fight it for a few minutes, but would fall fast asleep.
We miss you baby boy! I think about you every minute of everyday. I pray that God will work miracles to bring you home to us where you belong. I long to have you in our arms again...
8 comments:
It is SO HARD to say goodbye...it just is not right!! I can't wait until our precious kiddos are home. HE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!
Thank you so much, I love all of you very much.
The pictures of our little boy are so good. I love to see all three of you together.
My prayers daily are that he will be home with his mommy soon.
Love you, Mom
I love hearing all the details of your trip and of course seeing the pictures.
He is such a wonderul joy in all of our lives. It was such a wonderul experience to spend the week with all three of you. We can't wait for all of you to be together. We love you all three,
Poppy
I'm so thankful you've shared your wonderful journey with us, he is such a beautiful baby...still praying for the day he will be in your arms forever!!...the pictures are amazing
What a wonderful time you must have had. He WILL be home soon I am praying. Love you all, "Nana" Lois!
he looks like he got lots of love from his mommy and daddy. and, he looks so happy...so you know how much he is loved while you are away.
love your family!
I'm so glad Nathan loves the peanut shell, ours is a lifesaver! He is so precious!!!
Post a Comment