Monday, November 24, 2008

"Mama"

My grandmother went to be with Jesus today. She is walking the isle to her Father and to her husband she has been separated from for so many years.

After being sick for a short while, she passed away this afternoon. It was not our timing once again, but God's. He knew before she was sick that her days were numbered. Oh how I wish now I had that knowledge...

All her grandchildren called her "Mama". She helped raise us all. I spent most of my childhood days in her care. So many memories are flooding my mind this evening as I remember how special she was in my life. It hurts knowing She will never get to meet Nathan.
(mama and addison)

This is what she enjoyed most. Taking care of us. She desired nothing else, but to love on and care for her children. I take comfort in knowing now that Jesus is loving on her and taking care of her now. She is no longer in pain.

She was 80 years old, but a young 80. We always would "kid" her about out living us all. She was always so healthy. We never dreamed this would happen to our "Mama". I encourage you all.... take advantage of each moment. You never know when it will be someone's last.

Please pray for our family as we get through this holiday week. She has five children, 8 grandchildren, and 10 great grandchildren. She was one great mother and grandmother!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. We are thinking about you and your whole family. Please let your mom know we're thinking of her too. Let us know what the arrangements are when you guy figure everything out...I know you waiting on Kerri to get home. My email is burkauburn@aol.com

Sara said...

So sorry for your loss Stephanie. Keeping you in our prayers. May your wonderful memories of your grandma carry you through this difficult time.

Tanya Hindman said...

Stephanie,
I am a friend of Amy Isbell and follow your blog and pray for you each and every day. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. She sounds like an amazing lady. May God continue to strengthen you as you go through this tough time during the hard journey you are already on.

Continuing to pray as you HOPE, WAIT, and TRUST in the Lord. Isaiah 40:28-31

-Tanya Hindman

Amy said...

Stephanie,So sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother. Precious people are difficult to let go of, praying that you will know the Lord's comfort and strength.

Poppy said...

You are so right. She was a wonderul person and Grandmother. She took care of us all and without seeking anything in return. She will be missed and missed by so many. She touched my life in so many ways and I am so thankful I got to spend a few mintues with her last Friday.

Love, Dad

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

steph,

i am so sorry for your loss. i know how special she was to you and your family. i will be praying for you all.

love,

jennifer

RodneyandPam said...

Stephanie, you, Casey, your mom, Doraeen and the whole family will be in my prayers. I am still sitting here at work in a state of shock and tears started pouring when I read your blog because the last time I saw her she was doing as you say taking care of ya'll and she switching out the twins so she would have ample time with both. I would like to be able to remain to go into your blog. My email address is rodneywhited@bellsouth.net

Stephanie Drew said...

what wonderful stories you will get to share with nathan! praying for you...

Amy Clemons said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. We will continue lifting your family up in our prayers. May God give you peace and the strength to get through this difficult time. Remember he will not take you to what he cannot bring you through. Those words are easier to speak than to walk but I hope that your walk may be easier knowing that you are a child of God and that you are surrounded by prayers. Find peace in knowing that your Grandmother is walking with Jesus today....something we only dream about.

Leslie said...

I am so sorry to hear about "mama". I will definately keep you all in my prayers during this difficult holiday season. My prayer is that God will give you all comfort, peace, and many blessings.

I also would like to keep following the blog. My family and church (church at ross station/Randy Norris) has been praying for a long time and will not quit praying for little Nathan to come home. Please add me to you list. My email is hfdwife@gmail.com

Leslie Quick Bartlett

Anonymous said...

Oh my....how I loved to see Mama Hyche!!! She was a woman like no other. Stephanie, before your Mom and I became friends, Mama Hyche was our paper lady. She would breeze through our 'hood everyday in her little Datsun (now Nissan) station wagon with her car windows down and packed full of jet-black, curly-haired children (your mom, Doraeen & sometimes Donna I think) I was scared to death of your own mama...she would look out the window and glare at me.. then, throw the paper AT me!!! Little did I know that one day, she would be one of my dearest friends and we would be driving around Htown in that same station wagon up to no good!!!Seems like I remember driving it a few times myself (before I had my license!)courtesy of my "driving instructor"- your MOM(don't let her know that you know SHE was a BIT mischievious in our day!!) Your Mama Hyche was truly one remarkable woman....she always made us feel so welcome when at her house. Nothing seemed to faze her, not even your crazy Mother and the shenanigans she made me and Lisa participate in!!!
God Bless you Mama Hyche!!! Thanks for being such a fun and loving Mama to so many! Jamie

Beth in MN said...

I'm sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful woman. May your family be filled with peace and grace.

Now you have an angel helping to bring your son home.

I would like to continue following your blog if you allow me to.
b.hentges@comcast.net

There was a post on the main page of
Guatadopt.com
regarding cases that didn't have a birth mother interview.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
Lee emailed me last night about your grandmother. Im so very sorry to hear of hear death. I agree w/Jamie, NOTHING we ever did seemed to bother her in the least. I dont think I ever heard anyone call her Mrs. Hyche or even by her first name...it was always "Mama". She truly loved children and it showed in her life.
That sweet little boy of yours now has his own guardian angel watching over him.
Please tell your mother and Doreen they are in my prayers.
Love to you all,
Shelia Bowden

Dream Angel's Mommy said...

So sorry for your loss. I've been following your blog for the longest time. I will continue to pray for your family and your precious son, Nathan. I love his curls : ) And since your posted that picture of little Nathan in his crib I can't rest until I know he is home with you. Anyway, although we've never met, having adopted from Guatemala myself, I'd love to continue following your blog. My blog is http://ourdreamangel.com My email is valeriehatty@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Valerie

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

Stephanie,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I remember her from Church when I was younger and she was the sweetest thing. I know you know she is in a much better place now.
Love, Nichole

Unknown said...

Stephanie and Casey, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. She was a very special lady. She always had a smile for everyone, and I can only imagine how big she was smiling when she saw our Jesus.

Also, please add me to your list to receive updates on Nathan. My email is: drendawomack@bellsouth.net

Always know that the three of you are in my prayers....especially Nathan......he is one more special little boy...Our Lord has special plans for him.

I love you guys,
Drenda

Anonymous said...

HI,

I have been following your blog for quite some time now, but don't know how I ended up here originally. We pray for your family everyday and know the joy that a baby can bring to your heart. I know that God is with you and I hope that He brings your precious little boy to your arms soon. If you don't mind, I would also like to continue following your blog. My email is tsip4fun2@aol.com.
Take care,
Shawna