My baby boy is 17 months old... we miss him terribly!! I wish he were here this week for the thanksgiving celebrations. I never dreamed this is how this holiday season would go.
(Thanks JT for the pics!)
After many months of thinking... after tonight, I have decided to go private with this blog and our family blog. I really wanted to avoid this at least through out our adoption journey, but due to many reasons I cannot keep putting it off.
So, if you would like to continue following this blog please add a comment in the next week and give me your email address so I can add you to the list. I am not sure if there is a limit. If any of you know, please tell me. I have never done this before:). I am not sure at what point I will go private, but soon.
I hope you all understand. This has been in the back of my thoughts for a while. Things just happen that bring them to the front and now I cannot put it off any longer.
Keep praying for that baby boy... God is not done.
108 comments:
So sorry that you guys are going private sooner than you thought. Please add us to your list. Love you guys and think about Nathan everyday!
I've been praying for you guys ever since Shanan shared your story with me. Although I don't know you personally I hope to continue reading about your journey and being a prayer warrior on your behalf. Please include me when you go private! Thanks- SJC1106@verizon.net
Hi Stephanie, I have been following your blog for quiet some time now. I don't know you personally, but I graduated high school with Bryan. You guys are constantly in my prayers. I would love to be able to continue following your journey through the blog. My email is jandlbonham@aol.com. Thanks...Lindsey Studdard Bonham
Every night we include your family in our prayers.We also know what its like to wait for a child to come home from Guatemala.Like you have said only God knows why.Kindly include us in your private blog as my 11 year old daughter Karley and I check for updates regularly.Please continue to ask your prayers warriors specifically what to pray for!!!(outside the obvious).Take care,
Kim
Kimereyes@aol.com
hey stephanie. i just want you to know that i have been reading your blog and my heart goes out to you guys each time i read it. i hope to be able to continue reading your blog and keeping up with you guys. You guys remain in my prayers. have a good thanksgiving.
-Jill Smith
Hey Steph!
I know I don't comment much, but I read both your blogs multiple times a week and pray for you, Casey and Nathan. Please add me to your list! shelleykuhlmeyer@gmail.com
Thanks!
Shelley
Casey and Stephanie,
I still follow your journey and pray for you daily, and have also shared your prayer needs with my Sunday School class. Please add me to your list!
Love and prayers,
Maggie Decker
mdecker@jackhenry.com
Hi! I have been following your blog this past year. Your son is a few weeks younger than my daughter. We pray for you everyday. Please allow us to continue to follow your journey.
Cindy
muldergators@yahoo.com
I would like to be added to the list as I check your blog weekly and continue to pray on your behalf.
Leah
av8Law@verizon.net
I check on your progress every day and Sophie prays for baby Nathan every night at bedtime. We would love to be added to the list. Praying....
I would like to be added to your list. I check your blog often, though I've never commented. Praying for you guys. My email is nicole.chilton@chsys.org
You all are in my prayers constantly. I would love to continue keeping up with your journey.
Devon Bissot
debissot@gmail.com
Stephanie,
I would be honored to be included in your continuing private blog.
Please know that you are often in my thoughts and prayers (many times a day.) Many, many people you've never met keep you close in prayer. Regardless of whether you are able to include me, and I completely understand whatever you decide, you will always be in our hearts and prayers.
May God bless and keep your dear family and especially that sweet, sweet boy.
Therese
(ttennessen@gmail.com)
Even though you do not know me, my family hsa been and will continue to pray for you. Please add us to your list cdmills@charter.net.
Cathy and David Mills
Stephanie,
Love you and Colocho.
megan_shirley@hotmail.com
Hey Stephanie, please add me to your list m7ageorge@yahoo.com. Ever since you contacted me when I started my blog telling me about yours I have been following your journey. I will keep praying with you guys and hope this ends the way we want it too.
Please add us to your blog. I definately want to keep up with your journey. Still praying hard! Lorrie
sorry forgot to give you our email:
chill7895@bellsouth.net
brandychap@hotmail.com
Stephanie,
I read this one and your family one all the time. You are such an encouragement, inspiration and mentor to me (without you ever knowing it). I am constantly praying for you, Casey and Nathan.
Hi Allums Family-
I have never commented before, but our family prays for you and Nathan daily. We would love to continue to follow your journey.
jamie.watson28@yahoo.com
Praying,
Jamie
Hey Steph! I know this has been an extremely hard road for you guys! You guys are in our prayers! Please add me to your list! See you next week.
Mandy
mwdavis92504@yahoo.com
You guys are in our prayers! please add us to your list!
Jessica
jhall0617@yahoo.com
you know you have to add me!
i am always thinking and praying for you guys and that precious boy!
I also don't know you personally, but have been following and praying for your family for some time. I would love to be added to your list.
Jennifer Craft
Jenwcraft@yahoo.com
I pray for you daily as I check your blog for an update... hoping for good news for Nathan and your family. I would like to be included in your journey to Nathan as you go to private blogging. I myself have also considered a private blog but just haven't done it yet. Good luck to you and may God bring you much peace during the upcoming holiday season while you and your little man are apart.
God Bless.
maceymc@yahoo.com
Hello Stephanie,
I follow your blog although I have never commented. I pray for you guys daily and I get updates through Scott and Melaine. I would love to continue following your journey to get that beautiful baby boy home. Please add me to your list as your blog goes private - ashleyburkhalter@bellsouth.net
Ashley Howton Burkhalter
I am praying for you all and would love to be able to pray specifics as you let us know how we can. God has great things planned for sweet little Nathan!
whitndan at aol dot com
I am praying.....non-stop.
Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler
lindseyewheeler at hotmail.com
Hi, I have been following your blog for a long time and praying for you. I live in B'ham and have a little girl that we adopted from Guatemala July 07. I would love to continue following your blog when you go private.
Carolyn (kidron6@hotmail.com)
Hello!!! My family and I have been following your blog since before Nathan found you guys. We pray for you and your husband every night. It would be wonderful to continue following you guys on your journey.
lnzgcunningham@gmail.com
Lyndsey Cunningham
I don't know you personally, but have been following and praying for your family. I would love to be added to your list.
Grace
gnh794@bellsouth.net
Please add us to your list and we are praying for you!!
-christie9982@hotmail.com
-cathyd42107@yahoo.com
Hi,
I have commented a couple times before, I am a friend of Jennifer Wilkens Mason's Momma. I would love to be added, I started following you when Jennifer created her blog over a year and a half ago. I would love to continue to be updated and pray specifically for you all. However, if you can't fit me in--my prayers will not go away--- :-)
God Bless you--
Angela
lmelvin1@ruraltel.net
Stephanie
I have been following your blog since last April. As the mother of two Guatemalan boys...one home in August...I know...the stress...prayers...love..courage...it takes to make it through. I have been very touched by your blog. Please put me on your list. Who knows...I live in NC. Maybe one day our sons may meet.Thanks for including me. I continue to pray everyday. God bless you. Stephanie
sjhouston1228@yahoo.com
Stephanie,
I have been faithfully following your blog and praying for Nathan for a long time now. Please include me in your private blog list.
Thanks!
debbiets@cox.net
Would love to continue to follow your journey, it is a privilege to pray for your family.
Amy
levisix@verizon.net
Stephanie and Casey....you are always in our prayers and we would love to keep updated on your journey....please add us to your list lbcangel0329@yahoo.com
May God Bless you and your family and hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Love
Leslie, Steven and Maddie
We have never stopped praying... and we won't until Nathan is home!
Marianne Gross
dm.gross@juno.com
I have several from our church that continually ask about Nathan still and are praying for you all. Many from our group were quite taken with your sweet boy!
Hi Stefanie,
Even though I do not know you personally I have been following your story since coming across it through Tucker's story. I pray for you, Casey and your sweet Nathan. I would love to continue to be able to follow your journey so please include my email if possible. My heart aches for you and what you have been through in trying to get your baby home. I pray that your sweet baby boy comes home to you soon. hovens@bellsouth.net
Lori
Hi
I have not met you but I have been following your blog through Therese's blog. I think about you all the time and pray everyday that your little cutie will be home to you soon. I would love to be included in your private blog if possible. I am so hoping Nathan will be in your arms. my email is jenniel@mac.com
Thank you for including me in your journey...
Jennie Lindstrom
Stephanie,
I would be honored to be able to continue to read your blog. I found you thru your brother's blog. They bought their house from my husband and his brother. I am constantly praying for you and your family.
Dawn Northcutt
brandondawn@bellsouth.net
fogot to send my email...it's changed since we've moved....gcorliss@adelphia.net
GodBless,
grace
I love following your journey and would love to continue. God will bring your son home soon. Your family is always in our prayers.
Jennifer Willis
jenn@killerhobbies.com
I have been following your blog and would love to continue. I will going to the Nido on December 25th - Jan 1. I will take some pics for you and email them to you. Our team will love on Nathan! We would love for you to come and be a part of us if you decide to come to Guatemala for Christmas. God's timing is perfect.
Scatter Christ
Lisa Mitchell
lala2541@aol.com
I would like to have an invite to your blog. I have been following Nathans blog for quite sometime lurking around to hear some good news. All the waiting children are in my prayers and I hope and pray that Nathan will be home soon!
Stacie
Tazandme0597@aol.com
Hi Stephanie,
I am another EN mom. I've been checking your blog and praying for Nathan for some time now. My daughter, Katie, from EN is about one year older than Nathan. I must have gotten on your blog from Marianne Gross. I would love to be able to keep updated by checking your blog. I'll keep praying either way!
Deb Everly
deb dot everly at verizon dot net
I would like to be added to your list. Your family has been in my prayers and will continue to be. Although I don't know you all personally, I admire your faith and strength. God Bless you and your beautiful family. I hope Nathan comes home soon.
mommy2rnc@hotmail.com
Dear Steph,
I'm not half the blogger I should be, but I love keeping up with y'all :) Please add me to the list...I'm praying for you always...memaynord@yahoo.com. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. She is in such a better place, but I know it is hard to let go.
Love ya, Mary Elizabeth
Hi Stephanie, I'm Deidre's sister-in-law and I have been following your blog for over a year now! I know I never comment but I just want to let you know that we pray for you daily and can't wait for Kendall's EN buddy (Nathan) to come home! If you choose to make your blog private, I would love to keep following your adoption journey! My email is kd_posey@hotmail.com!
Thank You,
Karenda King
We would love to keep up with you guys and Nathan during this process. Please add us to your list: sheryl@1wayministries.org
Please add me to your list, I want to keep up with you guys. Sorry you have to go private.
saramicheleallen@hotmail.com
Hi Stephanie - I do not know you but have been following your blog. You have tremendous strength to be able to continue in your journey to bring Nathan home. I would love for you to add me to your list. You are in my prayers daily. My daughter and her husband have become foster parents since May and have welcomed about five children in their home since then. It has been such a blessing to our entire family. They come and go and it breaks our heart everytime one leaves. They do no have any children of their own, but one day hope to, I believe that's why your blog touches my heart everytime I read it. Stay strong...
Cindy Cox
cox1990@charter.net
Hi like so many others I do not know you personally but I did grow up in Hueytown, my husband and I have been trying to have a little one for about 21 months so if the fertility meds do not work we are considering adoption, I have enjoyed reading how faithful your husband and you are to the Lord and his plans. Please add me so that I can continue to follow your journey. AmandaM@longlewis.com
Stephanie, We've never met and I've never left a comment but I check your blog every single day. Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers for months. Each morning I sit down at my computer and hold my breath just hoping for good news. We live in Birmingham and have a little boy around Nathan's age. I would also be honored to be included if you decide to go private.
Lindsay Booker
lindsaybooker@hotmail.com
Would love to continue to follow you in your blog but if you have a limit we can keep up thru Allen & Steph. We continue to pray for Nathan to be home SOON! Love to you, Lois & Charlie
Steph and Casey - You know we are praying . . .
Of course, add us to the list.
ctbeam@bellsouth.net
Hey! I have been following your blog for quite some time now through Jennifer's. I have been praying for your family during this difficult time. God's timing is perfect even when we dont completely understand! Thanks for allowing us to follow your journey this far - I would love to continue! Continued prayers and blessings to your family!
Jamie Hazel
Jayme307@aol.com
Stephanie you probably do not remember me but you and I went to high school together and had home-ec together my senior, your junior year. My maiden name is Laura Gathof and I married Clint Boaz that graduated with Casey. I have been keeping up with your blog for quite a while now and have wanted to tell you that I am praying for you daily, but didn't know what to say. I pray daily that GOD brings little Nathan home to you. I will continue to pray for you daily and would like to keep up with your blog if it's OK with you. I have told my family about your journey and our whole family is praying for Nathan's home coming.
Laura Gathof Boaz
lauragb31602@yahoo.com
I would love to be added if you will permit. We are a Lifeline family who adopted from Peru. We pray for you often. We got our baby at 17 months after waiting so long. She is thriving so well. It seems God's plan is perfect even when we get frustrated in the dissappointments of empty holidays and birthdays....
Brittney Thompson
bftrx@hotmail.com
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you grandmother and have been follow your blog for a long time. I'm praying for your family and am always praying for Nathan to come home soon!!! Please add me to your list if you're not over your limit. cindykw1@bellsouth.net
Stephanie,
I don't know you personally but I have followed your blog. We have a daughter from the Eagles Nest...she came hone 4 years ago. We pray for your family each night. I have met Nathan as well on a return visit to the Nest. I would like to be added to your personal blog so that I can keep up on things. We hosted the the Eagles Nest Reunion in IL in 2007 . We have recently moved to IN and will be hosting the 2009 reunion in IN. It is my prayer that you will be there with Nathan. Know that I feel a connection to you and we will continue to pray.
With Love,
Janie Rider
bulah@route24.net
I have followed your blog for quite a while now and my heart aches every time I read this and find out Nathan is not home with you. I would still enjoy following your story. I continue to pray for Nathan's homecoming
Stephanie,
Please put us on you list. I would love to be able to know when that sweet baby boy comes home! I think of you guys often and pray for you to continue to have strenght during this difficult time.
I will also be praying for you and your family during this holiday over the lost of your grandmother.
Jana Gallego
janaw95@hotmail.com
shannonmorrison -at- gmail.com
praying every day!
of course we want to follow! add me! love you!
Hi Stephanie-
I still check your blog regularly...find myself holding my breath before reading your new posts. Your family crosses my mind daily. Praying with you.
jenniferwilkens74 at hotmail.com
Jennifer
I am not sure that we have ever met, but we do have many mutual friends. I think of and pray for your family often. Going private is very understandable...we recently did the same thing for our child's site. Please add me, if you still have room!
mwilson518@gmail.com
Steph and Casey,
I haven't posted here before but please be assured that our family and many of my Women's Bible study group have been hittin' the knees for you guys and this beautiful baby boy. If you don't have a limit on how many, I would like to be included on your list...email holmesjb@bellsouth.net. If you have a limit, I'll understand. I can get updates from my niece, Traci Gwin.
May God bless you all and bring this baby home to your arms SOON.
Jamie Holmes
Please add us to your list! As always, we are praying for your fam.
julieryle@gmail.com
We are the grandparents of two precious babies that came from EN. Graham is 3 and has been at home since he was 6 mo. old. Lyla has just been here for 3 short weeks and turned 1 on the 11th of Nov. It took almost a year to get her to her forever home. Gary and I want you and your husband to know that we have been praying for ALL of you since I ran across your blog. You see, we took 9 folks to EN in February and among many of the joys we experienced while there, one was loving on your precious Nathan. We have pictures of all of the little ones that were there, but to know that our little Lyla Kennedy spent her first year with your son makes us happy and connected. GOD is IN control and it is so very hard to be on the same page with his timing, but please know that we are praying to HIS glory that your family will be complete with Nathan very soon.The Kennedys in TN
Hi, I don't know you but I have been praying for you and your little boy for a long time now. Our friends brought home a little girl from Eagle's Nest which is how I found your blog. We are in process in Ethiopia. I would love to continue to follow your journey and will continue to pray for you. I completely understand if your blog is only for friends and family:)
deedee
our blog is under my husbands email address paul.aarseth@gmail.com
I have been following your blog for a while now. I found you on Courtney Beams blog. I would like to be able to continue checking on you and your family after you go private.
Stephanie,
I forgot to give you our address earlier today, please keep us posted.
God's richest blessings to you and yours,
gale & gary
garyandgale@comcast.net
Stephanie, I have been following your blog ever since I spent a week at Eagles Nest in November 2007. I remember Nathan. I have pictures of him fast asleep in the exersaucer! :) What a precious little guy he is! I found your blog when I got home through other EN parents' blogs. I brought my daughter home from Guatemala back in 2002, through Special Delivery (she's 6 now). My heart hurts for the wait that you guys have endured. You both and Nathan are in my prayers and I would love to continue following your story.
I am wishing you and your Family a very Happy Thankgiving and your thankfulness is so great. You glorify God in all that you do and are such an example to others. As I continue to pray I would love stay connected to your blog. My 4 year old just walked in the room and asked "who is that?(speaking of Nathan)" and I had the opportunity to explain to him about adoption and about waiting for God. Thank you for sharing. Blake
blake@alabamagrays.com
I have been following your journey for awhile now and would love to continue. We don't know each other but we have several mutual friends from the Hueytown area. Courtney Beam is in my women's bible study group and she told our wonderful ladies about your story. Please add me to the list if there is room.
Praying for you guys!
Bevin Barber
bevinb@bellsouth.net
Stephanie-
I cannot begin to imagine how hard it is for you to be away from your sweet boy for another holiday season. My thoughts & prayers are with the 3 of you daily. I would love to be added to your list, but I understand if it's too hard.
Jenn
We would love to continue keeping up with you and your little boy. While we don't know you personally, we have many mutual friends which makes us feel like we know you! We are still praying for all of you!
Julie Garrett
emeraldjewels@hotmail.com
You are always in my thoughts and prayers! Please add me to the list to receive updates on your blog - my email address is lindacarter523@yahoo.com
My brother and sister in law adopted from Guatemala as well (the wilkens family) and I've been following your blog along with theirs throughout your adoption journey. we're praying hard that nathan gets to come home soon
hnutley@gmail.com
Please add me to your private blog. My heart just breaks for you and sweet little Nathan. I pray for your family daily. My computer is back up and going so I can check in on you frequently again :)
Sheri
I think you have my email but just incase you don't smedlen642@yahoo.com
Sheri
I have been following your blog for a number of months. You and your precious Nathan are often on my heart and in my prayers. I would like to continue to know how to pray for your family and follow your adoption journey.
schwarz8@mtco.com
Dearest Allums family,
I have been following your blog via The Hughes Twins site and have been praying for you guys for some time. Please add me to your list: jkielrn@gmail.com. You and your family are in my thoughts during this Holiday season.
Jennifer
I would love to be able to continue to read your blog. I have been following your story for awhile but have never left a comment. I love seeing that sweet face every time I stop by. I am a teacher, Conner was in my class two years ago. I remeber him telling me all about the twins and his family. I love it when an update includes something about him. I teach a lot of students and it is great to get to see how they grow up.
amcdaniel@jefcoed.com
Hi, I would love to continue to follow your blog. i have been following you through your entire journey and pray for you and your family often. I have a daughter that is a few months younger than Nathan, and I cannot even imagine what you must be going through. Although I do not know you personally, I feel as if I've known you and Nathan since his birth! Please allow me to continue to follow your journey and know I will continue to pray for his adoption to finally become finalized.
Tiffany
Tiff4uofa@aol.com
I continue to pray for you daily. Although we sometimes cannot see for the clouds, God has you in His hands. May you continue to find strength in Him and in the love/support of friends. Please add me to your list.
Karen Wood
khoodwood@yahoo.com
I would love to continue following your journey. sjbrowder@yahoo.com
Sandy
I found your blog on a friends' site and have been praying for your family since. Please add me to your blog. lindzdawn1@netzero.net
You are in our prayers!
I'm a friend of Therese and Danny's.....our entire Mom's church group is praying for you and praying for Nathan that he can come home soon. I hope you can feel all these prayers and they lift you up on the down days.
I am also sorry to hear you lost your grandmother. The image of her walking to her Father and her husband struck a chord with me. I lost my mom (age 84) this year and the thought of her being in such a wonderful place and reunited with my dad was such a blessing.
God bless! Kris (wad_55112@yahoo.com if you have room to add me to your blog)
I have followed your journey and continue to pray for Nathan and your family to be re-united. Our son, Drew, was at Eagle's Nest until June 07. He was there the same time as Sophia (Grace and Brian's daughter). I'd love to continue to follow your blog.
Shelly
shellyvits at hotmail.com
stephanie,
I have follow your blog weekly and pray for you and your family. I would love to be able to continue following you on this journey. my email is hannahbuffington@yahoo.com
My prayers are with you and your family during your loss. I enjoy following your blog so much. Please add me to your list. You are in my constant prayers! sbrown08@bellsouth.net
I know that you do not know me, so I completely understand if you do not want to include me in a private blog. I happened upon your blog through a local child's blog that is battleing cancer. I live in Texas and have been following your story and praying so desperately for you and your precious boy. He is a few months younger than my son and looks very similiar, so I have been drawn to your story. I cannot imagine being seperated from my baby and I want you to have the same joys that I have. It is NOT FAIR. I would love to know when this ordeal is finally over and your son is safe in your arms. So, if you so choose, I would love to stay informed of your story. May God grant you all your wishes and may your beloved grandmother rest in peace.
I would like to continue to check your blog and also pray for you!!! I remember when our youngest turned 17 months, and still wasn't home. My heart hurt so much, but I knew that God;s timing was His and His alone.
I will continue to pray for you and also your family with the loss of your grandmother. When it rains it pours huh?
Dawn
djenkins603@yahoo.com
Stephanie,
I have been following your blog and praying for you daily. Please add me to your list. I think of you and your family often.
Love and Prayers,
Melony Stricklin Edwards
Stephanie,
I have been following your blog and praying for you daily. Please add me to your list. I think of you and your family often. E-mail address melony.edwards@gmail.com.
Love and Prayers,
Melony Stricklin Edwards
I would like to be added to the list. I will continue to pray for little Nathan and your family. I don't know you personally but am friends with The Gross family who adopted from Guat. this summer. I have been following your blog and I really just believe this little boy has to come home to you. God bless you both! klmiu99@hotmail.com
Kristy Booth
I would love to continue to follow your blog. I check your blog almost every week hoping and praying I will see that God is going to bring Nathan home to you and Casey. We love yall and will continue to pray for you all along this journey.
Amanda Helms
Hey Stephanie~
We would like to be added to your list as well. We are praying for all 3 of you!
Alan & Beth Cotney
blcotney@bellsouth.net
Stephanie,
Hi! You don't know me, but my family and I go to church with you and I found your site through The Shirley's blog. I pray for you guys and Nathan and would love to continue to follow your story, if it's not too late to be added. My email is jandlharper@charter.net.
Love,
Leslie Harper
Stephanie, I would love an invite to your private blog. But either way, I'm praying you bring your son home. You're right: God is not done yet. Ellen, home with my daughter in Jan 2008. EBLHarrison@yahoo.com. thanks.
Hey "Colocho's" mama and papa...
I'd love to be able to be included in your blog list. I will be praying for you guys - especially during this holiday season. My heart breaks for all the little ones at EN who can't be with their forever families. Blessings!
theashleyweaver@gmail.com
I would love to be added to your list. I work with Jennifer in the NICU and have been following your journey and praying for you. I was adopted at birth and know first hand the blessings of adoption.
suzkey30@gmail.com
Please add me. I love you all
susan@hoover.k12.al.us
randy@rossstation.org
My email is wrong
snorris@hoover.k12.al.us
I forgot to include my email in the comments.
Klgonzalez@satx.rr.com
Hi Casey and Stephanie,
Please add me to your list. I graudated with Bryan and live by him. I pray Nathan will be home soon.
traceyb@pecoil.com
Tracey Berry
Post a Comment