Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's not about the end, but about the journey...

Our Sunday school class just finished studying the book of Acts. It was a stuff, but good study. The one statement that was made this morning keeps repeating over and over in my mind, "It is not about the end, but about the journey".

I think everyday, "If we can just get Nathan home and end this adoption process, we can move on and have so much more time for the things we want to do and the things God wants us to do." This is not how God wants us to live our lives. This is hard!! I just want my boy home!!!!! I wanted him home last December!!!!!! I am soooo tired of this journey. Some days I wish it was not my journey, but someone Else's. But as I have said before and I am reminding myself now, GOD CHOSE this path for us and there is no way around it. So right now I am choosing to accept it and try to find God's purpose and plan for today and not worry about tomorrow or the END.

Look how long those precious curls are getting! I love it!!

9 comments:

Amy Clemons said...

We LOVE curls too! My little girl has really curly hair but I think Nathan has even curlier hair than she does. He's just precious and so photogenic. I know you are missing him but keep being strong. This journey is so worth it! So his t-shirt that says, "I was worth the wait," may just be a little bigger than you thought. All will work out in God's perfect time for His perfect plan. Best wishes to you all. Hang in There.

Amy said...

This has been a difficult journey for you all. Praying that you would continue to know the Lord's peace as you wait this out.

Sara said...

I continue to pray for you each and every day, that God would give you and Casey strength to keep going, to keep fighting. I also pray for Nathan, for him to be able to come home and enjoy a loving family. May God renew your spirit through this difficult journey. Our Lord is being glorified as you amaze those who watch you through this all - they see people who honor and love the King, and "praise Him through the storm."

Shanan & Shannon said...

Those are very wise words my sweet friend. This journey is very hard and I respect your consistent love for and dependence on our precious Daddy. Without him, this would be impossible. Thank you for your witness. Thank you for sharing your heart and for being honest with how difficult this path is. We will not stop praying for Nathan's homecoming and will continue to pray that the Lord meets your daily needs and rises you up on wings like eagles. We love you.

Therese said...

Those curls, those eye lashes, those cheeks, those cute chubby arms! He is one darling boy.

I think about you every day and pray for strength on this journey you're traveling.

To see Nathan at EN is to see that he has been given many Blessings that have fortified him during this long wait to come home. He is so healthy and so happy. Of all the kids, he looked like he owned the place was determined to make the most of every day. I can't help but wonder if these are special Gifts he was given to keep him safe and happy while he waits for his parents to bring him home.

Our prayers are with you for strength, and for answers that will soon bring your family together forever.

Therese

Poppy said...

He is getting more precious with each passing day. He is so loved by us all. We are praying this journey is nearing completion and that God knows he will be glorified through all of this. You are all in our prayers daily. Know that we are here for you all.

Poppy

nana said...

What a beautiful little boy Nathan is. Pictures do tell a story and his story looks happy and until he is home with you always that happy smile must give you a little peace of mind. Hold on and stay strong. Many friends are praying for your family every day. We love you all. Lois

Amy Isbell said...

still praying for y'all!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

You are so right....it is just so hard!!!! Both of our babies are 14 months old....I am praying. Please Lord, bring them both home soon.