One year ago today we saw this sweet face for the first time. We knew right away this was our son. No questions asked. God chose him for our family! What a blessing he has been already and he is not even hear with us yet.
This journey has been full of ups and downs the past year. God has been with us through it all. I am so thankful for all that God has taught us and continues to teach us. I pray that the molding and teaching never ends.

Our prayer is that this journey will bless those who are following along and if you do not know our Savior, I pray you will see His face. Without Him, we would not be here. This journey is not about 'saving a child'. It is not about 'becoming parents'. It is not about 'fulfilling a dream'. It is about a Jesus who loves His children. It is about being obedient. It is about the Love of our Savior.
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn, with many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And he gave them right standing with himself, and he promised them his glory."
Romans 8: 28-30


7 comments:
You are SO right. Nathan's story has blessed many people - some you know and some you will never meet. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for obeying. Thank you for loving.
I can not believe that it has been a year since we first saw that beautiful little face. It has been a year full of ups and downs and you two have stood strong through it all. I am so proud of you two and the roads that you have traveled. I know that God's plan is coming together and that Nathan will be home with us soon.
Nathan, I love you and pray for you daily. Can not wait to see my sweet baby boy again. Gammie
I really admire your courage! I am praying daily that this sweet precious little boy is home forever in your arms and that God will soften the hearts of those that come into contact with his case. Praying for some good news soon!
Your strength blows me away! You are so firm in your foundation and I pray that one day soon you will be able to share that with Nathan. Praying for good news for you:)
We continue to pray and know that SO many are being touched by your story for the glory of GOD... what an awesome thing to be able to tell Nathan someday how his life impacted the world!
I will be telling Dave next time we talk to give some extra lovin' to your sweet boy and maybe he can he even shoot a few photos.
Hi
I've been following your blog for a while--your son is precious and i love his curly hair! I love your attitude about this process and think it's such a neat example to others of giving your trust to the Lord! We are praying for your sweet son to come home soon! I have a 3 year old son, Ben, who was at Eagles Nest for 9 months..he's been home for about 2 years now! Thanks for sharing your story with us!
Missy
He is BEAUTIFUL! I will keep you guys in my prayers. I know I will be checking back regularly for updates on when you can finally bring him home!
Post a Comment