Tuesday, February 24, 2009

20 months, new SW, and minus an agency....

Well, first let me say, no we do not know of a new court date as of yet. Praying it is already scheduled and we are just not aware.





Today, Nathan is 20 months... TWENTY MONTHS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??! How did this happen??? It is really hard to think about all that we have missed and ARE missing. I just want to be with him so badly.....

This was Nathan March of last year. Hopefully we will have a new set of pictures soon... Oh, where did the baby go???? 20 months..... life is just not fair for this little man....






We got our 3rd social worker this week. This is starting the third year of this process, so I guess we needed a 3rd SW to go along:). All kidding aside, we are sad that we are loosing our SW, but we wish her the very best!! We look forward to working with the new one, praying we do not have a long "business relationship" and that she will be the last SW in this lengthy journey!





The agency that our local agency works with is closing their doors. Not shocking since the Guatemala adoption program has not opened back up. We kinda of saw it coming. It doesn't really effect us, but just another part of the story that has to be told.

Thank you all for following and praying.

8 comments:

Deidre said...

What a mess. I am so sorry that you guys are going through this. We love you guys and are praying! Let's get together soon.

Darlene said...

Happy 20 months old sweet little man. I know we all have missed so much and that nothing will get that time back, but my prayer is that we won't miss anymore time with you. You have a whole family full of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins waiting for you to come home. I am so proud of you and your parents and I know that God has a special plan for each of you. Please dear Lord, let our baby boy come home. Gammie

Mom&Dad to A & J said...

I was thinking about you guys and the SW change. I got all teary yesterday thinking about her leaving our agency so I can only imagine how you guys feel. We continue to pray along with you.

Shanan & Shannon said...

Hang tight, our dear friends, to His loving, firm and sovereign grip. Never let go. We love you and continue to pray daily for you precious little boy. We continue to try to trust completely in the Lord's plan for His little one and pray that His master plan is revealed to you soon. Always here, aunty Shan
ps - your music makes me cry-:) And no, Casey, that's not your problem! I take full responsibility.

David and Marianne said...

I'm so sorry that this continues... I'm so thankful God has given Nathan such enduring parents to pray for him while he waits. That is one thing that doesn't change no matter if he's home or far away.... a mommy's fervent prayers for her child. I know that you hold his heart in your hands as you whisper those mommy prayers right now... but I hope that someday very soon his tiny little hands will be what you hold instead when you come to the Father on Nathan's behalf. We won't quit taking your plea to our Abba Father.

Megan said...

We love you and we love Nathan. We pray that God will sustain you and give you renewed strength as this journey continues . . .

hello somebody said...

Wow... don't understand why but I know Someone who does. It has to be hard to loose your social worker. I haven't talked to Lauren in months but I still think about her often. They become like part of the family and part of your story. They hear the joys and the frustrations. I am sure that God is sending you a equally good SW. We are still praying for you and the little big fellow :) Can't wait to see the new pics!

Jen said...

Continual prayers for Nathan and you from us. We are so sad that you are in this situation and we pray that through it all you feel love, support, and strength as you trust in the Lord.