Monday, March 24, 2008

9 months of a precious life...


Well, today marks 9 months since Nathan was brought into this world. What a blessing he has been to us already, and we have only spent on week of his life with him so far. I long for the day we bring him home knowing he is ours forever! We pray it is soon, but soon can not come fast enough.

We are getting excited about our trip. I am so thankful we are able to make a second trip, even though it was not in 'our plans'. We had so hoped he would be home by this point, but God's plans are bigger. I am excited to be able to visit the orphanage again and love on all those sweet children for a second time!

My packing list is getting very long! We will be with him for a full week. My dad is going with us this time. I pray he will take to us well since he will be much older. I can't wait to see his big smile, hear him laugh, and spend every waking moment loving on our sweet boy.

Happy 9 months baby boy, we will hold you in our arms soon!
Mommy and Daddy love you more than we can ever explain...

11 comments:

Shanan & Shannon said...

Happy 9th month Birthday precious Nathan! We love you and are so excited for you to see Mommy & Daddy very soon. You are loved, aunt Shaney

Whitney said...

I am so glad you are getting to go back. Praying things get moving with your case so you will be packing for a pick up trip!

Jen said...

you are in our prayers as you prepare to visit again. We pray that you enjoy each of the special moments together and that Nathan comes home soon after your trip.

David and Marianne said...

Praise the Lord for the unexpected blessing of another visit : ) I wish it could be your "bring home forever" trip but I am thrilled you will at least be able to hold him and love on him if even for a few days. We will be keeping you all in our prayers!

Amy said...

So glad you can see him again, praying that the next time it will be on his way home forever! Enjoy your precious little boy!

Angel said...

I am so glad you get to go again. I truly hope he is home soon. Our process was a year so I know how hard that is. Hugs, Angel

Anonymous said...

I can not believe that our baby boy is already 9 months old. I am so excited that you are getting to visit that sweet little boy again and I know that it will be the best trip that your Dad will ever go on cause it was for me. My prayer is that he is home soon and we can all see that sweet face and beautiful curls. Give that big boy a huge hug and a kiss from his Gammie. Love you all, Mom

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU AND CASEY ARE GETTING TO GO LOVE ON THAT SWEET BABY BOY! WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU ALL. I KNOW HE WILL REMEMBER HIS MOMMY AND DADDY!

David and Marianne said...

The Lord prompted you in my prayers today.... just wanted to encourage you to hang in there. It just can't be too much longer! May God strongly support you as you follow Him faithfully in adopting Nathan.

I also wanted to thank you for your kind words of sympathy you left for me on my blog. They meant a lot!

Jenny said...

I've been hearing updates about you and your son for many months through Shanan (I'm her sister-in-law). It's so fun to find your blog so we can put a face to your precious Nathan. He is just too cute for words. Just know we are praying for you all the way down here in Texas.

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

Happy 9 month b-day Nathan! I know you are both so excited to be able to visit YOUR precious angel. I pray that he will be coming home with yall soon.