Thank you for all the phone calls, emails, comments, thoughts and prayers. We are so blessed to have so many friends and family praying us through this journey to bring our baby boy home.
It has been a hard few days and continues to be. We do not understand all of this and probably never will. All that is getting us through this journey right now is seeking Him and His direction.
It is hard to always remember that this journey is not about us or bringing our son home, but it is about a God who loves us. Our goal is for our lives to bring honor and glory to Him and we fail at that everyday.
We know God has a plan to bring Nathan home to us. Pray that we will accept his perfect timing.
Please join us as we pray for these things:
~ Nathan's health, and for God's provision over him
~For Nathan's Birth Certificate to be corrected quickly
~ to be resubmitted to PGN soon and to have a quick and final trip in with no more KO's
~ for peace and direction during this journey
"...in order to make known the riches of His glory for vessels of mercy, which He has prepared beforehand for glory.."
Romans 9:23
"The heavens declare the glory of God."
Psalm 19:1
Our prayer is that somehow God is revealed in your life through our journey.
We Love You All,
Stephanie and Casey
10 comments:
STEPH,
I AM SO SORRY TO READ THIS BAD NEWS. I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT YOU TWO ARE GOING THROUGH. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH AND PATIENCE YOU NEED TO GET THROUGH THIS. YOU KNOW IT'S JUST PART OF HIS PERFECT TIMING, BUT THAT STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT EASY! I'M PRAYING FOR YOU ALL THREE!
We love you Casey, Stephanie and Nathan! We know that Nathan is on his way home - his journey is just taking a short detour. He will be glorified in a magnificent way through all of this. We are focused on the day that Nathan touches down at the Birmingham airport and we rejoice over God's faithfulness in bringing him home.
I know that this must be the hardest thing that you two have been through. I just know in my heart that my sweet little grandson will be with his Mom and Dad soon. My prayer daily is that God will watch over Nathan and keep him safe and healthy and that he will bring him home soon. I love you all. Gammie
Stephanie & Casey, My Stephanie sent me your update. What a precious, precious little one. I pray that he will be home with you soon. I know that once you held him in your arms you knew he was yours. We love you and will continue to lift you up in our prayers.
OH YOU SWEET MOMMA! I am so sorry you got bad news. :0( That really is so very hard. I truly know first hand the way your heart plunges to the ground. How you feel like you just want to take a nap till he comes home. It is so hard. Since that post seemed to be what you were needing I am going to link you to a few more that I wrote on the subject of adoption. I thought maybe it would help. I sadly have been right where you stand. Except they had no idea when we would be able to re-enter PGN. It was the dreaded "rectification process" because of a typo. UGGGHHH! All my dreams came crashing down with a loud thud. BUT I learned so much. I am now so truly grateful for what God did during that process.
http://thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com/2007/02/hardest-lesson-we-learn.html
http://thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com/2007/03/hindsight-is-2020.html
http://thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com/2007/08/looking-back-on-leap-of-faith.html
Please e-mail me if you would like to talk or just vent or have questions... anything. angelweir@ gmail.com
I assure you that the Lord is proud of your attitude through this tough season. You are being obedient to His calling and all He asks is that you trust Him. I recently read a great book and the repeated tag line was, "Do you trust me?" I do see the Lord in many ways through Nathan's winding trip home and I am confident that others do too. Keep persevering!
Praying for you three - right now! I know first hand how difficult all of this is for you. You are absolutely right, it's ALL about Christ being glorified in and through you throughout every day of this crazy process! Being at that place where you can answer the question "When will he be home?" with "I have no idea." Is honestly the best place I found myself. Once I resigned myself to do everything I could from my end and leave the rest in the hands of our faithful, all knowing God - ah such peace! Sarah Beth is adjusting so well, and your little one will be home and you'll be washing lots of little clothes and bottles -- in HIS time. Love to you my sweet sister in the Lord, Lori McGuire
I am so very proud of the wonderful Christlike attitude that you both continue to display. That is what it trully is all about. I, along with obviously everyone else have fall in love with your journey and am thinking of you and praying for you all each day. Just continue as you are and keep your eyes fixed on HIM. Always remember, IN HIS TIME, IN HIS WAY he will make it all worth the wait and just when you least expect it, that day will be here when you are able to hold your son in your arms day and night.
What a privledge to have our family in Christ! God will continue to give you peace and strength when you need it! Praying for you and your family to be all together soon.
I have followed your blog and sorry to hear you hit a road bump. Our baby girl is also at EN and we have already hit some bumps as well. I just wanted to introduce myself as I just made my blog.
http://blessedbychrist.blogspot.com
Sara
Post a Comment