Tuesday, August 31, 2010

praying him home...



Well, it has been a long time since I have written a post.... so here is my attempt.

Not much to tell you on Nathan's adoption. No answers yet on what they are going to do with out case. Not much action taken on our behalf. Frustrated..... DOES NOT even begin to describe how we feel. I honestly do not know how to feel or what to think anymore.

Are we going to have to raise Nathan from here while he grows up in Guatemala?? WOW, I hope not. BUT, if that is God's plan for our family, good. We will do just that. Nathan is our son, we love him, we care for him, we will provide for him no matter where he physically lives. We WILL see him again!

As Cooper continues to grow and change soooo fast, I think about Nathan at each milestone.... we missed and continue to miss so much with him.

~ We saw ( in a picture) Nathan for the first time when he was 2.5 weeks old.
~We brought Cooper home when he was 2.5 weeks old.
~We have only spent 2 weeks of Nathan's 3.5 years of life.
~We have only missed 2.5 weeks of Cooper's 9.5 months life.

That is a lot to take in. It breaks my heart that Nathan does not know he has a mommy and daddy that wanted to be there when he had all his first's. It breaks my heart that he does not know and feel the love and care of his own family. He does not know he HAS his own family that he can not be with, yet. How is this the best plan??? So hard to understand.... continuing to try.

Nathan is doing great! Each time someone visit's or we get an update, he just keeps getting more beautiful!!!! He is growing and doing great!!! He is loved and cared for. That gets me through.

I long for the day that I hold him in my arms again. It will be hard to let go. He will be so much bigger, he will be talking.... in Spanish. He is not the 10.5 month old I remember from our last trip. He is a walking, talking, potty trained, Spanish speaking little 3 year old boy.......

Praying our son home.....

8 comments:

belle said...

praying everyday with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anxiously before the father consistently for your family to be under one roof soon. you have 2 beautiful sons who were chosen by God Almighty Himself to be brothers and i pray so hard for them to have that chance. you are a mom of two and they are blessed to be yours.


can i pray specifically for anything? dancingintherain.belle@gmail.com

Shanan & Shannon said...

What a precious son you have. You are an amazing mother to both your boys. Your perseverance is encouraging Steph. I know the source of your strength and your walk draws me closer to the Rock. Love you. Thank you for sharing your walk of faith with me.

Beth in MN said...

My heart aches for you. . .

Have you seen the recent Guat900 info? I hope some good news is just around the corner.

Pam L said...

He is indeed a beautiful little boy and I know how much you want him to be home with you.
Continuing to pray for all of the children stuck in this situation and for the families who are waiting for them.

Gammie said...

Just breaks my heart that our sweet little boy is not home with his mommy, daddy and little brother. Praying that day comes soon.
Love you all, Mom

Leah said...

Still praying with you.

alisa said...

Breaks my hear too.

Unknown said...

We think of Nathan and of you guys so often. As I pray for the nations, I am always praying for all of Guatemala's adoption issues to smooth out and for God to send Nathan home. Love you so much, sweet friend. I will be praying especially for you today.