NOTHING!!!!
When we are out in public, I know the things that are going through most people's minds. They are trying to figure out our family. Is he a foster child? Is he adopted? Where is he from? Which country did they go to?
When people ask where is he from, I answer 'the US'. Then the response is always, 'Really?!?!' Yes REALLY! 'Orphans' are not just in third world countries, they are in our OWN back yard. Then the response is sometimes, 'that is so sad'. WHY?? What is so sad about it? What WOULD have been sad is if Cooper's birth mother would not have chose life for him. It is so heart breaking to think of this precious, perfect little life not being here with us now. That is sad! Not that his birth mother made a huge sacrifice and placed her child for adoption so that he could live and have a life. Not only have a life, but be given the opportunity to know Jesus. There is nothing sad about this. There is nothing sad about adoption. Jesus was adopted. I was adopted by my Savior. Cooper WAS adopted and is now our son.
God has shown us so much about this world, about ourselves and about Jesus through our past 7 years of this journey into starting a family. He continues to teach us and direct our paths. I pray I am open and ready for what He has in store for us and our family.


4 comments:
Stephanie, I have recieved the same comments concerning Isaac being adopted from the U.S. Your comments comfort me in knowing that I am not the only one who gets these comments. Praying for your family.
I wish more young women would make the same choice that Cooper's birth Mom made. Cooper is such a wonderful little boy and has brought so much joy to our lives. He is already such a blessing to us. There are alot of kids out there just waiting for someone to open up their homes and their hearts.
how wonderful that you stand strong for what is right!!!! cooper is so blessed to have you as a mom!i truly believe that God chose him for you from the very beginning.
praise the Lord for this precious child! and nathan too. i never stop praying that he comes home to his family soon.
Not sad at all!
I love your blog, and the pictures are beautiful.
Love,
Wendy Russell
Post a Comment