Thursday, January 07, 2010

New addition...

Most of you know that God has blessed us now with two sons.




We recieved a call on Thanksgiving day that we had a new son.
After much prayer and thought, we started a process for a domestic adoption in June. We did not expect the process to go quickly, but God (as He always does) had other plans. Needless to say, we were very shocked and surprised.




We brought our son, Cooper, home December 8th. He was about 2.5 weeks old. Life has been much different since bringing him home. I am a full-time mommy to a newborn. Never thought there would be a chapter in our journey written like this. I am so thankful for this little miracle... this wonderful blessing!




We wish nothing more than for his big brother, Nathan, to be home with us all. We continue to pray for a miracle for him to come home forever. Nathan is our son and we love and miss him!




We are waiting to post pictures of our newest addition, so you will have to continue to wait just a little while longer before you see his sweet face. Trust me, I have plenty of pictures to catch you all up on the first weeks of his life:)




I plan to post mostly to our family blog (allumsfamily.blogspot.com), but any adoption related isssues or news, I will post here.




I leave you with a picture of our brave little boy....

14 comments:

Sara said...

WOW! I am shocked and absolutely thrilled for you. I know you are enjoying every moment. Look forward to hearing more and seeing pictures. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Gardenia said...

oh my. I did not know about your Cooper, and am so happy to hear your blessed news. Of course, he does not replace your beloved, your Nathan, and I will contionue to pray for him and your family that he comes home in the palm of God's hand to his family! congratulations and love the photo of your nathan.

Amy Clemons said...

What an answer to prayers. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see his precious face.

Shanan & Shannon said...

Praying hard for you sweet Nathan. God loves you very much and has great plans for you! Your little brother is adorable and you will love him so much! Your eyes in this recent picture remind me of my Mason and I can't wait for ya'll to plan together. We love you, Aunt Shaney

Pineapple Princess said...

Congratulations on your AMAZING news!! God is so full of wonderful surprises, isn't He?!

I will continue to pray Nathan home! :)

Leah said...

How very exciting for both you and Cooper (I love that name). Pray for your family often and wonderful to see the Lord answer prayer in a way differently than I had expected. So excited for this new journey with little Cooper as we continue to pray that Nathan would also join you.

Amy said...

Congratulations! The Lord has blessed you greatly.

We continue to pray that Nathan will be able to come home to you all.

Enjoy your newest gift!

JANA said...

I am SOOOOOOO excited for you guys! I just found out last night from a friend and I was so excited. My heart is jumping for you both. Cooper is so lucky to have such wonderful christian parents. I know you guys will be such great parents!!! I know Cooper feels just as lucky! Your in my thoughts and prayers on the start of this wonderful journey. I will be praying for big brother to make it home soon!

love,
jana gallego

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

CONGRATS!!! I have been waiting for this post for a while now!! I work with Casey's Uncle Mike so that is how I found out about it. We are so excited for the both of you and both boys have great parents!!!

Pope Family said...

Absolutely love this pic of Nathan - he is really slimming up.

David and Marianne said...

Oh, this thrills my heart... praising God for such a beautiful and perfect gift from Heaven! Nathan looks great and adorable as always... we continue to pray.

Lori McGuire said...

Stephanie:

AWWW Huney... BIG HUGS!!!

I am so proud for you, you have been through so much. I am continuing to pray for a miracle for your precious Nathan. In the meantime (God's time, that is) hang in there and keep up the good fight. Maybe one day this precious angel will be home with you all too.

Much Love,
Lori McGuire
mom to Anna and Sarah Beth

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

OH MY WORD....I AM SO EXCITED for y'all!!!!! I can't wait to see pics of his sweet face....and Chris and I continue to pray for Nathan by name every single night!! We will continue!! Praying for you in all of the newness....so happy for you.

belle said...

how precious!!! you do not know me nor do i know you... i found your blog one night after chasing friend's of friend's of friend's blogs and your story and faith just blessed my socks off and tore a hole in my momma's heart. i lost the link this past summer and shortly there after my youngest child died. my heart has prayed for your broken heart so much as my own has sought it's healing. God is so awesome and He is so good and what an amazing blessing you hold in your arms!!!! but i also know the ache and longing in your heart for your precious one that you cannot hold. i know this ache. my heart will continue to remember and pray for you and your sweet family.

may your journey be blessed overwhelmingly and your little ones always know the comfort of your love!