Sunday, August 30, 2009

God is our hope...


I sit here thinking what to write when there really is nothing to write....


I think about whether or not to continue this blog, what to say, how long with this blog be needed??


As far as our case of adopting Nathan.... we need a miracle. Things are not good, we have not recieved good news in a long time. What if we never recieve good news??? Is God still good? Is He still in control?? Is God sovereign?? YES!!!! God is our hope! BUT, that does not always make this easy... it is never easy.


Nathan is good. Nathan is happy. Nathan is loved. This is God's plans for now. Where will God take us?? Where will God take our family? Only He knows... my prayer is that we continue to follow.


Thank you for faithfully praying for Nathan, our case, and us. Please continue to pray. God knows. God can move the mountains....
Our sufferings can't compare with His glory....
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Romans 8:18
God has a purpose in our sufferings.....
" And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called accoding to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whome he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified." Romans 8:28-30

15 comments:

Gardenia said...

praying for your family and your little boy. have you been on the yahoo boards at all? maybe you saw this. http://www.kernbuilt.com/app/index.php/bring-ali-home
A family asked for help to bring their daughter home from guatemala. I plan to send off the letters they are asking people to send.
Not sure whether their case is even anything similar to yours, but perhaps writing to a few well-placed officials may help. excuse me if I'm sticking my nose in; just wantted to show you an option out there, though I'm sure you have tried many. God is indeed in control. bless you.

Stacie said...

I pray for your son Nathan and all the waiting children everyday! He is so precious and I pray he will be home with your family someday ~ He is such a lucky little guy to have so many people who love him in Guatemala and at home. I wish I had answers for you ~ and knew just what to say to ease your frustration and saddness...I will always be praying for your family and Nathan!

Jill said...

I will continue to pray for God to move this mountain, to have favor on you both and Nathan, that His grace and mercy would rain down on you all. Praying for your strength and wisdom as well. I have got you guys on my adoption prayer wall at church too, so know that another church body is lifting you all up too. Love, Jill

Julie and Philip said...

Always, always praying this little boy home...

Shelly said...

Stephanie,
Our son Drew, was at Eagle's Nest the same time as Grace and Brian's little Sophia. I don't know you, but I think of you often. I pray God will move mountains, so Nathan can home to your arms. I can't imagine how difficult this journey has been for you and your husband.
Shelly

Danny and Brittney said...

We too are waiting for our daughter in Guatemala. It is heartbreaking to hear there are others dealing with similar circumstances. Don't give up!!! God's will for your family will be shown to you. Continue to lean on him.

Poppy said...

Nathan is truly loved. God knows just how much you both love and care for Nathan and how lucky he is to have you both. We pray for you all daily and you are ALL constantly in our thoughts. As parents we want to fix things, but sometimes we can't. All we can do is be here for you and pray earnestly. Know that we do this daily. We love you all three. Love, Poppy and Nina

Amy said...

Stephanie, I can only imagine that your hearts are heavy in this wait. Praying that you will have clear direction.


Praying, Amy

David and Marianne said...

Thanks for updating us. There are few that know the heartbreak you are enduring and I pray God would grant you friends that know your pain... it's so comforting to have those shared bonds. We continue to pray for all of you. May the God of all peace bring you comfort and peace during your constant days of waiting. I'm so sorry that closure is not in sight.

Sara said...

My heart continues to break for you 2. I just want this miracle so bad for you guys, but I trust that God knows what He is doing. I pray constantly for Nathan and your family that you WILL be united.

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

......we are praying every single day!!! I pray with Eliana every single night for Nathan. My heart is breaking for you and your family tonight....I can't imagine how hard this is. You are an amazing example of strength!!!

The Hill Family said...

All I can say is so sorry you are suffering in this. I wish there was something I could do or say to help. Just know we are praying for you guys and for Nathan!

Pam L said...

I know for a fact, this process can feel so defeating! God is our ultimate Healer and Provider. Ask Him for wisdom to know how to best deal with what life is throwing at you and continue to love and fight for Nathan.
Praying for you and Nathan and for the legal system in Guatemala to start putting the needs of the children first!

Steph said...

I just found your blog and am heartbroken to hear you are stuck in this awful situation. I will be praying like mad for your family and all of the other children still waiting to be united with their families.

The Bowers Family said...

Continuing to pray for you all. I pray that God would give you strength each and every day. I know God will bless your faithfulness and it is a true testimony to me.